The rules apply to all students at all times, from the time of registration until graduation or until a student leaves school.
- The Belmopan Comprehensive School is a secondary school for boys and girls who are single and living with parents or legal guardians and not for parents or expectant parents nor for students who cohabit. Any student who is in violation of this policy will be required to withdraw from the school.
- However, a female student who withdraws because of pregnancy may re-enter at the beginning of the new school year. The student will automatically be on probation and must undergo counseling. The student is also expected to meet all other school requirements.
- Any student who becomes pregnant for a second time will be required to withdraw from school and will not be re-admitted.
- The admittance of a student automatically becomes null should he/she be found to be a parent and or to cohabiting
Teachers are not to give more than one detention for any one offence. Detention may be given for:
- Using obscene language
- Disrespect for individuals
- Willful destruction of school property or property of another.
- Repeated violation of dress code
- Possession of pornographic material
- Other as specified by teacher
- When a student reaches his/her third or fifth detention the teacher who gives it should remove the card from the file and give it to the Vice Principal who will immediately inform the parents. For three detentions a warning letter is issued and for five detentions a suspension letter is issued.
A student who fails to do a detention will be suspended from school. A student who has received five detentions will be suspended from school and may be required to report to school in work clothes for a pre-specified length of time during normal class hours.
The student will be assigned a physical task each day and will still be responsible for classroom assignments and must check with his teachers every day. In addition, such a suspended student shall be deprived of participation in all extra-curricular activities, including sports. Parents are informed when a suspension occurs.
On the third suspension for one academic year that student shall be required to withdraw from school. Any of the following is subject to disciplinary action in the form of a suspension:
- Common assault and/or fighting
- Disrespect for authority
- Petty theft
- Purchasing and consuming alcoholic beverages
- Attendance at clubs and discotheques
- Attendance at restaurants with bars after 9:00 p.m. unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Attendance at public dances unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
- Any misdemeanor as defined by the Criminal Code
- Any student who has been asked to withdraw from school on a 3rd. suspension will not be eligible for re-admission.